Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity
Essential planning strategies for your protection
Because Electronic Health Records (EHR) and their associated
applications are so mission critical, it is essential to have a strong business continuity posture incorporated into your infrastructure planning process. Depending upon our initial findings paired with your business objectives, our recommendations could range from providing full disaster recovery capabilities via multiple data centers or co-lo facilities for your top-tier business and clinical applications, to high availability solutions designed to maximize uptime while controlling costs, to a business continuity framework to minimize the impact of planned and unplanned infrastructure outages.
A variety of factors can lend themselves to disruptions in business processes and data availability. The most effective defense includes several foundational aspects of any program that include a detailed application criticality analysis followed by a strategic data security plan, implementation, system monitoring and finally, a pre-established disaster recovery plan.
TrustPoint works with healthcare organizations to:
- Conduct risk analysis on current systems
- Define application criticality tiers
- Identify technical solutions that support desired Recovery Time Objectives (RTO) and Recovery Point Objectives (RPO)
- Develop investment versus risk scenarios tailored to executive management
- Implement desired solutions
- Develop detailed recovery procedures
- Conduct recovery tests